WAEC 2022 AGRICULTURAL SCIENCE PAST QUESTION
Do you need the West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) WAEC 2022 Agricultural Science Past question Free? If Yes, you are in the right place, we provide complete WAEC Agricultural Science past questions for download on our website. Do you need a platform where you can get all WAEC Agricultural Science past questions? If yes, We have all the related past questions you need, just click on your desired past question and download it to your device.
You may also be asking yourself these questions; How can I get complete WAEC Agricultural Science past questions for free and which site can I download Waec Agricultural Science past questions and answers? MyschoolBrod, provides complete past questions and answers for free on our platforms for everyone, Just go on our website and download your desired past questions
One cannot overstate the value of using previous questions to help you study for your exams. You may learn what you already know, as well as what you don't know or don't know at all, and you can learn new things to read by using past question papers as part of your preparation.
Table of Content
Full meaning of WAEC
W - West
A - Africa
E - Examination
C - Council
What is WAEC
The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) is an organization established by legislation to determine whether examinations are required for the public welfare in the English-speaking countries of West Africa., to administer the exams, and to issue certificates that are on par with those issued by comparable examining authorities internationally. The West African Examinations Council was founded in 1952, and its mission is to be a premier examination organization that advances the educational objectives of all its stakeholders.
To be a world-class examining body, adding value to the educational goals of its stakeholders.
To remain Africa's foremost examining body, providing qualitative and reliable educational assessment, encouraging academic and moral excellence, and promoting sustainable human resource development and international cooperation.
WAEC Core Values
History of WAEC
In 1948, the University of London School Examinations Matriculation Council, the West African Departments of Education, and the University of Cambridge Local Examinations Syndicate convened to discuss education in West Africa.
The gathering was organized to talk about West Africa's future educational policies. At the meeting, they nominated Dr. George Barker Jeffery (Director of the University of London Institute of Education) to visit various West African countries. He visited Ghana, the Gambia, Sierra Leone, and Nigeria, and made recommendations on the composition and duties of a West African Examination Council.
Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, and the Gambia passed an ordinance approving the West African Examination Council in 1951. Later, in 1974, at the annual convention held in Lagos, Nigeria, Liberia published its ordinance. The council called its first meeting in Accra, Ghana in March 1953.
In March 2002, the West African Examinations Council celebrated its 50th anniversary in Abuja, Nigeria. "WAEC: 50 years of Excellence" served as the subject of the celebration. Aside from the overall event, each member nation took part in the celebration in their own nation. During this anniversary the book, WAEC: Half a century of Commitment to Excellence and Regional Cooperation was launched.
For more info, you can visit: WAEC official website
Importance of WAEC Examination
- WAEC is conducted throughout the whole of West Africa.
- The WAEC result is accepted even in overseas countries like the USA and Canada.
- It does not have any age limit, whether you are young or old, you can take the WAEC exam.
- Companies and organizations will ask for WAEC results before you can be employed.
Things Needed To pass WAEC Examination
- WAEC Past Questions: Candidates will need to past questions, so as to have an idea about the kind or level of questions that are asked in WAEC. This is the reason why Myschoolbrod is here to supply you with complete WAEC past questions.
- WAEC Tutorial Videos: WAEC tutorial videos will help candidates to have a better understanding of each question and topic related to WAEC and that may likely come in the exam. Are you really feeling like watching the WAEC Tutorial video? Just click on this link, and immediately you will be taken to Myschoolbrod YouTube Channel so you can watch the WAEC Tutorial videos we have uploaded. Click Here
- Stationery: Candidates that will partake in the WAEC examination will have to get some stationery like pencils (HB), a mathematical set, a Calculator e.t c.
Easy Steps to Pass WAEC Examination
- Have the mindset that you want to take the WAEC exam.
- Overcome Exam Fear (Exam Phobia)
- Create enough time to study before the examination
- Make sure you read and study all topics associated with each subject you are taking for the WAEC Examination. Click Here to go to Myschoolbrod YouTube Channel, to watch more educational videos needed to pass WAEC Examinations
- Study and read all necessary past questions on the WAEC exam. You can download past questions on our website, Click Here to Download
How to check WAEC Result
To check your WAEC result, check the easy steps given in this post where we explained in detail step by step how you can check your WAEC result online. Click here to check easy steps to check WAEC result online
About Agricultural Science
Agriculture is the practice of cultivating soil, growing crops, and rearing livestock. It entails preparing plant and animal items for human use and distributing them to marketplaces.
Agricultural Science is one of the important subjects you have to pass as a science student in WAEC. Remember for you to pass WAEC, you have to treat essential topics. Agricultural Science has a lot of definitions that differ as a result of the source but know that every definition still has the same meaning or passes the same information.
Important Topics In Agricultural Science
For you to pass WAEC, you have to treat important topics, so here are the important topics in the Agricultural Science needed to pass WAEC:
1. Meaning and importance of agriculture
2. Problems of agricultural development and possible solutions
3. Meaning and differences between subsistence and commercial agriculture
4. Roles of government in agricultural development
5. Role of non-governmental organizations in agricultural development
6. Agricultural laws and reforms
1. Meaning and importance of agricultural ecology
2. Land and its uses
3. Factors affecting land availability for agricultural purpose
4. Agro-allied industries and relationship between agriculture and industry
5. Environmental factors affecting crop and animal distribution and production
6. Rock formation
7. Soil formation and profile development
8. Types, composition and properties of soil
9. Plant nutrients and nutrient cycle
12. Agricultural pollution
1. Simple farm tools
2. Farm machinery and implements
3. Maintenance practices and precautionary measures
4. Agricultural mechanization
5. Prospects of agricultural mechanization
6. Farm power
7. Farm surveying
8. Farm planning
9. Principles of farmstead planning
1. Classification of crops
2. Husbandry of selected crops:- botanical names and common names of the crop, varieties/types, climatic and soil requirements, land preparation, methods of propagation, planting date, seed rate, spacing, sowing depth and nursery requirements, cultural practices: supplying, thinning, manuring and fertilizer requirement and application, weeding, pests and disease control.
3. Pasture and forage crops
4. Crop improvement
1. Forest management
2. Agro-forestry practices in West Africa
1. Meaning and importance of ornamental plants
2. Common types of ornamental plants
3. Settings and location for planting ornamental plants.
4. Methods of cultivating ornamental plants:
(i) by seed;
(ii) vegetative propagation.
5. Maintenance of ornamental plants.
1. Diseases of crops
2. Pests of crops
1. Types and classification of farm animals
2. Anatomy and physiology of farm animals
3. Animal reproduction
4. Environmental physiology
5. Livestock management
6. Animal nutrition
7. Rangeland and pasture management
8. Animal improvement
9. Animal health management
11. Apiculture or bee keeping
Agricultural Economics and Extension:
1. Basic economic principles:
2. Factors of production:
3. Principles of demand
4. Principles of supply
5. Implications of demand and supply for agricultural production
6. Functions of a farm manager
7. Problems faced by farm managers
8. Agricultural finance
9. institutional credit;
10. Non-institutional credit.
11. Loan in-cash; – loan in-kind.
12. Lack of records and accounts etc.
13. Farm records and accounts
14. Marketing of agricultural produce
15. Agricultural insurance
16. Agricultural extension
2. Soil profile
4. Laboratory work on physical properties of soil.
5. Laboratory work on chemical properties of soil.
6. Irrigation and drainage
1. Farm tools and equipment
2. Tractor and animal drawn implement
3. Harvesting, processing and storage equipment.
4. Farm tractor
5. Uses and maintenance of horticultural tools and implements.
6. Livestock and fishing equipment
7. Farm surveying equipment
1. Seeds, seedlings, fruits and storage organs of crops.
2. Main pests and diseases of crops
3. Planting dates, seed rates, plant population and seed quality tests of the more common local crop plants.
4. Preparation of seedbeds, fertilizer application, mulching, use of pesticides , watering, vegetative propagation, germination tests etc.
5. Forest products and by-products.
6. Methods of propagation of horticultural plants.
7. Common weeds
1. Common breeds of animals and types of animals available in the locality.
2. Major internal organs of farm animals, e.g. organs of the digestive system, reproductive and excretory systems.
3. Animal by-products
4. Animal feeds and feed stuffs and their local sources.
5. Main pests and parasites of farm animals.
6. Diseases of farm animals.
7. Routine management practices in farm animals, e.g. selection of livestock and poultry for breeding, culling, ear-notching, tattooing, horn or skin branding, debeaking, dehorning, castration.
8. Fish harvesting and preservation.
Importance of WAEC Agricultural Science Past Questions
WAEC Agricultural Science past questions are important in your studies to help you have an insight of how the exam looks like and how to face questions related to different topics covered in the subject examination to be taken
Excerpts From WAEC 2022 Agricultural Science Past Questions
WAEC 2022 Agricultural Science Past Questions File Download Preview
WAEC 2022 Agricultural Science Past Questions File Info
Download the WAEC 2022 Agricultural Science Past Questions in pdf format and you can always get WAEC Agricultural Science past questions from previous years to date on our platform. If you find this platform to be helpful, please share this post with your friends on Facebook and other social media platforms. This will allow them to gain from the information you provided to them. Additionally, you may subscribe to our newsletter to receive updates from us on posts that interest you.
With the best intentions, we post all content. If you are the owner of this content and think that your copyright has been broken or infringed, please send us a complaint at [email protected] and we will take the necessary action straight away.